Few entry-level headsets combine the most advanced technology, maximum comfort, high-quality components and sleek look with an incredible price and a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty like ASA’s AirClassics HS-1A Headset.
This favorite among pilots for over 15 years has been updated with an electret flex-boom microphone, which provides the ultimate combination of durability and ease-of-use. Microphone placement has never been easier and the flex boom houses the microphone wires for unparalleled protection. The noise-canceling microphone also does a phenomenal job of eliminating unwanted background noise for easily understandable transmissions delivered with striking crystal clarity.
In addition to its striking all-black design, the unit features dual volume controls for stereo sound, gold-plated plugs that resist corrosion and facilitate connectivity, an adjustable headband for the perfect fit, and top-notch, high-density acoustic foam ear seals for the perfect combination of comfort and noise suppression. With a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 23 dB, the ASA AirClassics HS-1A delivers the level of protection you need to slip the surly bonds in supreme comfort.
Designed, engineered, and manufactured by experts in the headset business, ASA is so confident in the quality, the HS-1A is guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the original owner (non-transferable).
- Ear cups of high-density acoustic foam for best passive noise attenuation
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) 23 dB High fidelity speakers for clear, natural sound
- Electric, noise-canceling flex-boom microphone reduces background noise and allows clearest voice transmission
- Gold-plated microphone and headphone plugs ensure best connection and resist corrosion
- High-grade, multi-strand wire improves cable life
- Stereo/mono capability
- Large, dual controls for quick, easy volume adjustment of each ear
- Microphone muff, made of acoustically transparent Sonic Foam, protects against moisture, dirt and debris and helps eliminate excess wind and background noise. Hypo-allergenic and washable for years of trouble-free use
- Adjustable headband with easy thumb screws eliminates “hot spots” and accommodates eyeglasses and any head size
- Quality foam ear seals and light weight add to overall comfort
- Sleek, all-black design with ASA silver wings tastefully silk-screened on each ear cup
- Sturdy and reliable — yet reasonably priced for maximum value Lifetime warranty
- Weight: 750g / 1.65lbs
Pieter-Jan Pruuost –
A five star rating as this product delivers all of its promises. Really good audio quality and fair noise reduction. Pressure on the head is OK, but somewhat noticeable after longer flights, mostly when taking the headset off. So for me not as prominent during flight itself.
The price-quality ratio is unbeatable, especially given the additional life-time warranty. It’s an excellent first headset. And also a smart investment for the long run, as it can become an excellent passenger’s headset when you upgrade your own. And pairs just fine with the “Pilot” brand headset bag, also for sale at the time via FlyInsite/CrewLounge webshop.
Noteworthy is also to mention that if ever required that the nice folks of FlyInsites/CrewLounge told me that they would fulfill the life-time warranty themselves by replacing it immediately from their stock, and by handling the return to the vendor. Excellent service included.
Aranya Vijayan (verified owner) –
Good audio quality.. comfortable to wear.. Ideal for student pilots .. Its worth the price..
The headset is a game-changer! We switched this year from the Pooleys PNR to the ASA, and the difference is staggering. For anyone looking for an awesome headset below 300, this is definitely the one to go for.